• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m35 lengh / rear axle removal mod

coastalconstruction

Im intersted in feedback on the modifacation Ive seen that the bed is shortened to 8+ feet and the rear axle is removed to make it a single rear axle rig and a "sportier" off road vehicle. Whats the word on the end result besides looking great?
thanks for any input.
Lance :?:

M1075

We must have different interpretations of the term. Anytime a bed and frame is shortened, I consider it 'bobbed". When I hear "conversion", I think of an astro van with comfy velour seats and a wood dash! :) If you search the forum for "conversion" you will get a lot more hits, but few are relevant to the original question.

sprucemt

My thought is this. You are converting a dual rear axle vehicle to a single rear axle vehicle with a great bit of effort and additional parts. You only "bob" a short section of frame and then in most cases bolt on a trailer body, not "bobbing" the original body. The astro van is a conversion of a standard empty, plain jane cargo van.
Whatever. Just a different thought pattern.
If you get better results in the search engine, so be it. But why bother researching at all, just go buy a conversion from JATonka. Saves on the hassle factor.