• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m35 lengh / rear axle removal mod

coastalconstruction

Im intersted in feedback on the modifacation Ive seen that the bed is shortened to 8+ feet and the rear axle is removed to make it a single rear axle rig and a "sportier" off road vehicle. Whats the word on the end result besides looking great?
thanks for any input.
Lance :?:

M1075

We must have different interpretations of the term. Anytime a bed and frame is shortened, I consider it 'bobbed". When I hear "conversion", I think of an astro van with comfy velour seats and a wood dash! :) If you search the forum for "conversion" you will get a lot more hits, but few are relevant to the original question.

sprucemt

My thought is this. You are converting a dual rear axle vehicle to a single rear axle vehicle with a great bit of effort and additional parts. You only "bob" a short section of frame and then in most cases bolt on a trailer body, not "bobbing" the original body. The astro van is a conversion of a standard empty, plain jane cargo van.
Whatever. Just a different thought pattern.
If you get better results in the search engine, so be it. But why bother researching at all, just go buy a conversion from JATonka. Saves on the hassle factor.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks