• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35 manufacturers

chupa

I'm no expert but I'm assuming the following manufacturers built M34, M35, M36, etc: Reo, Studebaker, Mack, Curtiss-Wright, Kaiser-Jeep, AM General. Am I correct? Am I missing any? (this is my search)

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm no expert but I'm assuming the following manufacturers built M34, M35, M36, etc: Reo, Studebaker, Mack, Curtiss-Wright, Kaiser-Jeep, AM General. Am I correct? Am I missing any? (this is my search)
Mack? Keep searching you are close to 50% there!

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here's what I remember-(off the top of my head, might be missing one)

1. Reo Motors
2. Studebaker
3. Studebaker-Packard
4. Utica-Bend
5. Utica-Bend Div of Curtiss Wright
6. Curtis Wright
7. Kaiser Jeep
8. Jeep Corp.
9. General Products Division
10. Lansing Division of White
11. AM General
12. Bombadier
13. Kia

AMGeneral

I thought Mack built them too.
You may be thinking of the G744 5 tons,the REO designed cab from the G742(M44)was selected to be used on the 5 tons,these were produced by...

Diamond T
International Harvester
Mack trucks
Studebaker
and in later years Kaiser Jeep

it should be noted that Kaiser Jeep bought Studebakers truck plant as well as the contract to build the 5 ton truck before they ever started production.

Last edited:

Katahdin

I'd just keep in mind there's some overlap there. Ie, Kaiser-Jeep bought the Studebaker plant and filled those military contracts, and AM General was spun off from that after AMC purchased Kaiser-Jeep.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks