• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m35 plow truck recovery in Pa.

jcappeljr

Supporting Vendor
Here is some pics of todays recovery,My son Jason and I went 200 miles to upstate Pa. to pick up a deuce and a dump.He was going to drive the dump and I was going haul the deuce.The dump had no brakes so we left it,and loaded up the deuce.The F550 4x4 pulled the load good,except for some of the mountain grades.Thank god the scales were closed.I am sending a wrecker for the dump on wednesday.The deuce is in good shape for having a salt spreader on it.It will be for sale soon and so will the dump after the dump gets painted.

Attachments

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
someday ill have a straight blade plow on my deuce... someday! it would be nice to plow with once or twice a year to push the snow back. thanks for the pics!!

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Yeah you might as well start working out and getting some guns on ya to plow snow with that bad boy with no power steering. I just dont think the F550 liked pulling it on hills cause its a bumper pull. My truck feels like im dragging a rock when I put anything more than 4K on a bumper pull trailer. but I can put 25k on a 8k GN and she will pull harder than with the smaller trailer. Good thing the scales were closed cause you might have been overloading that hitches capacity and they would have let you know about it.

flyxpl

Nice deuce and dump . I think you could have put the deuce on the trailer backwards and still had enough tongue weight. You has alot of tongue weight on that bumper .

Last edited:

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
That is a nice truck John and Jason. If we get snow like last year its a money maker...Jason is young, lean and mean with big guns made for manual steering. Besides I suspect he will be plowing long straight stretches and then installing power steering in the summer with all the money he is gonna make this winter...Well I hope he does...Good find.

eagle4g63

Could you get me some nice pics of the way the rigging in on the front of that thing....especially how they hooked the bottom to the truck?

I'm getting my plow rig set up and would like to see how others are rigged for ideas.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks