• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35 powered by 5.9 cummins

CliffW

I did a search and I saw some of post on the 5.9 cummins in the m35a2 and it got me thinking. Are there any detailed pictures out there of the set up? How hard would it be to do the swap? Will it hook up to the trans motor mounts ect.Does any one on here have on? Any help would be grate.

Bill W

Being there was one on a Goverment auction site!
I take it that the Military convert/tested a few M-35's with the 5.9L.,
Does anyone know how many and how long ago this was done?

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
M-series rebuild in NC bought both the kits. They also do the swaps. Big $$$$$$

Alredneck

Banned
HRD has one in his truck the one that sits on 53s also has the crewcab on 53s, he put one in there, there are threads on it in hear somewhere im sure they are old i have not seen him post in a while he has that tank rental company so if you know who im talking about ask him.

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
mseries is high but his work is super. been chatting with him for years and he will tell you like it is with no bull

one man army

im repowerin my deuce

im iiddle of a cummins repower in my 68 kaiser i took the donor engine from my dads old 95 dodge 12v then i went to a local heavy truck wrecker purchased a sae 2 housing i know the tranny in the deuce is a 3 but i took the adapter ring from the factory drive train and had it remachined to fit my sae 2 housing i only did this so i can run a larger clutch than if i went with a sae 3 flywheel housing and also when i was at the wrecker i got an aircompressor to fit my b series i got the front mount for it and all the brackets and accesories to put everything on it i found a clutch with a 1.5 inch spline that will get me back onto the tranny the only problem i have now is the starter is on the opposite side so i have to make a new driver side mount and relocate the mount on the frame no big deal just four rivets im in the middle of the buils wen i get done i will post everything i have been photographing the whoile build because i know whaty it is like trying to find info on it thnks for readin any feedback or input greatly appreciatedn the m

mudguppy

sounds awesome. i'm doing the same but going a different route - my 5.9 is a tad too hopped up for the spicer, so i'm doing the NV4500.

what are your plans for radiator and intercooler?

welcome to the site!!

DavidB

Have one of the Govt conversions here at the house .It is a friends 1957 Utica Bend M35 no way for pictures right now. Real nice job on older truck.Came from GL a while back.
DavidB

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nope, sorry.

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
One Man Army, please stick around and share with us your fitment. The deuce and the 5.9L are a good match and your work is pioneering!

Rick

Z71

M-series rebuild in NC bought both the kits. They also do the swaps. Big $$$$$$
I saw his adds in the Military Vehicles magazine. I figured it would not be cheap, as the engine alone would cost probably at least $ 10k. It is much more logical and cheaper to get a nice M35A3 with a Caterpillar diesel and Allison auto.

rorybellows

since i now have a decent paying gig, i plan on doing this.

the easiest way would be to get a welder and do it yourself. find a donor rig, probably a manual would do. it shouldnt be a tough swap as the deuce motor and a 6b cummins are roughly around the same size, correct.

or you could buy an older school bus with a little heavier duty man. trans. and take what you need

onegmjack

rory if you do this I hope you make a build post or thread.Would be interesting to see if they was another option if the multifuel died. Dwight

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks