• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35 PULLING A SEMI TRAILER

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't recall exactly where I got that pic, might have been from G744 (Dennis). It's a cool 530 class fire truck for sure.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you are installing the 5th wheel "from scratch", you may want to follow the example set by Ford on the 8x8, using brackets to avoid drilling the flange of the frame. The 5th wheel assembly is identical on the 2-1/2, 5-ton and this xm757 8x8, btw, same NSN.
They did a lot of things "right" on this vehicle IMHO.

Attachments

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here is a pic of the platform, which can be seen in the previous post as well.

Kenny calls it a "porch", don't know what is the correct name, but the xm757 manuals refer to it as a "dromedary platform" (like the camel).

Thanks David for providing the excellent pictures!

Attachments

Holub9097

I have a similar question that might be answered on another thread but, what about if I want to tow a full air brake pintle trailer? I know the air works opposite but does anyone know if there’s a way to convert just the trailer lines to work like an air brake system and leave the rest of the truck alone? Or maybe a stand alone system isolated from the truck?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks