• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35 Radiator

wiggall

Has anyone here have found a sloppy soldering job on their radiator's? We picked up THE BEAUTIFUL BEAST 8 years ago. Well this Winter she started using water. I finely found out that the radiator was leaking around the upper inlet to the radiator. I took it into a shop and got it fixed! He said that it weas a sloppy soldering job!

brianp454

I dug through a pile of take-outs a year or two ago looking for one for my truck. I noticed many of them had crappy solder joints (tiny bit of solder in the joint) where the fill neck meets the tank and also where the 1/4 ish-inch tube connects. I picked one that seems to be good everywhere else and brought it home to re-solder the neck and tube. We cleaned it really good with wire brushes and acid, then blobbed on flux and heated it. The solder wicked right in and it looked beautiful when done.

wiggall

A new concern on THE BEAUTIFUL BEAST while I have the radiator out. I noticed that the rubber shields on the left, and right sidi are in bad shape. I have looked through the part book, but can not locate them to get a part #!

country

Supporting Vendor
We stock these rubber shields

if you go to our web page under the PARTS & ACCESSORIES tab, and select search by vehicle type, then select M35 on the left hand side where there is a list of all vehicle type, you will see a search window on the left and, you can further search for any part you may need for your truck by typing a keyword (radiator) into this block

Below are some quick links to the shields

Dave
www.easternsurplus.net

M35-296 | M35A2 Series Rubber Radiator Shield, Left Hand
M35A2 Series Rubber Radiator Shield, Left Hand

Price: $14.00

M35-373 | M35A2 Series Rubber Radiator Sheild, Right Hand
M35A2 Series Rubber Radiator Sheild, Right Hand

Last edited:

wiggall

Thanks I have a cd on the M35 tm's but everywhere I looked I could not find it as I did not know what it was called.

kaziboku

Very doubtful. That one comes up for the m35a2.

Thank you very much. I couldn't find the nsn for a gas radiator. Reason for my question is I ordered an nsn 2930-00-563-7235 online and the seller sent me a radiator for a gasser. They won't accept an RMA unless I pay $1190.00 for a different part number. I have a feeling they think I made the error in ordering the part. Not sure I trust them to refund the $760.00 already paid after I pay them an extra $1190. Thanks for your assistance.

18operator

031.jpg032.jpg
Has anyone here have found a sloppy soldering job on their radiator's? We picked up THE BEAUTIFUL BEAST 8 years ago. Well this Winter she started using water. I finely found out that the radiator was leaking around the upper inlet to the radiator. I took it into a shop and got it fixed! He said that it weas a sloppy soldering job!
I had my fan shroud start to come off, it was rubbing against the crank pulley.
I ended up taking to a radiator shop and they said the same things about the factory solder job too. (Very shotty work). They fixed it up for a super reasonable price!

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I just looked in one of the old books I have. I don't see a NSN, but it looks like it has a part number of 7521972. the top mount is WAY different and the neck with the cap is on the opposite side.

I'd shoot hndrsonj a PM about it.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Gasser radiator Ordnance part number 7521972, Federal Stock number 752-1972, Ordnance Stock number G742-7521972, Manufacturers part numbers MO-AD5109, MO-1A5109G, RC-486F2 or SD-913165. Totally different.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks