• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35 radio

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm thinking of getting a radio for my trucks restoration. What was the most common radio for the vietnam era m35's? About how much would i expect to pay? And where could i find such a gem? other than e-bay? What kind of range should i expect from such a set up? Were they reliable? And would i need to get the high amp output generator? Thanks.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can use the PRC-77, RT-524 or the RT246 plus the AS-1729 antenna.
I'd like to add a question; which system is the lowest cost? Looked at a PRC-77 with mount and power pack for $320 at Aberdeen.
FCC licence required.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
From TM 11-5820-667-12 "Operator's and Org. Maintenance Manual, AN/PRC-77", the power output is 1.0 to 4.0 Watts and the range is 5 miles (varies with conditions). It may be different in the vehicular application, but it's not included in the manual. Don't have the other manuals yet.

TiredIron

In case anyone might be interested. I have two complete set ups.
One ea. AN/PRC77....with the Amplifier/Power Supply Shelf...in the M1029 Mounting Shelf.
One ea. AN/PRC25....with the Amplifier/Power Supply Shelf...in the M1029 Mounting Shelf.
Both units recently went through a complete Depot Rebuild, retune, and paint detail. They look perfect...work perfect....and I guarantee them not to be DOA.
Price for either package is $550.00 plus shipping or $1000.00 for both (in Denver CO)
Thanks
TiredIron
303-912-2170