• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35 Reo OA331 Fuel pump

Kaiser67M715

Can someone verify this is the correct part number for the OA331 gas motor fuel pump.

AC pump, 9542, only numbers on the pump.

I rebuilt it two years ago, but it appears the top diaphragm has ripped (I drained fuel for winter storage) priming it pushes fuel out the top vent. I picked up a second pump, but it appears my research was off, appears to be for a diamond halftrack.

I just want to make sure I have the right pump and the pushrod isn't causing it to overextend the diaphragm. I only ran it very little last year, and when I put it up for storage I noticed it was wet on top, but never investigated further.

I can get some pictures tomorrow if needed.

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Don’t know about the part number but when I was running the 0a331 in my m108 I used a 24 volt electric pump . Worked great

Kaiser67M715

I actually have a 24v electric pump I've thought about throwing on instead. Might just do that anyways. Keep the mechanical under the seat for a road spare.

Kaiser67M715

Well the whole reason for this thread was for a hopefully quick response, and also because I had misplaced my manuals (note to self, don't clean and reorganize at the same time) posting a picture, that does verify that 9542 is a correct fuel pump casting number, so the pump is correct.

I will be rebuilding, but am undecided if I should just put an electric pump in and keep the mechanical under the seat as a spare. I do have a 24v electric pump ready, supposed to be a 3psi pump.

Crazyguyla

When you rebuilt the fuel pump, did you use the priming lever toflex the diaphragm while tightening the screws? If this isn't done, the diaphragm won't have enough flex to operate and possibly rip. Also, the NOS kits may not be ethanol compatible. I forget what Chevy/GMC pickup uses a similar pump (same housing, different arm).

Kaiser67M715

When you rebuilt the fuel pump, did you use the priming lever toflex the diaphragm while tightening the screws? If this isn't done, the diaphragm won't have enough flex to operate and possibly rip. Also, the NOS kits may not be ethanol compatible. I forget what Chevy/GMC pickup uses a similar pump (same housing, different arm).
I'm pretty sure I did use the prime rod, it's been 2 years though. And I'm using a kit from Then and Now Auto, with ethanol compatible materials. They came highly recommended.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks