• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

NM M35 RV

ramdough

You may have some private Rv park folks concerned, but as long as you are courteous and friendly, most people will probably think it is cool. Some parks also reject older RV’s as well. If you keep it as nice and clean as your picture, that will help make you look like a collector and not a prepper.

Don’t walk around in body armor….. etc. Act like a regular guy. Don’t put any gun bumper stickers on. If you are concerned, be politically neutral (no extreme right or left banners or flags).

My wife and I have joked many times about putting both extreme right and left banners on to confuse everyone, but that takes work for little comic value and it probably draw the wrong attention.

In Texas you will probably be fine most places and many will probably give you a thumbs up. Most folks are excited to see something like this. Go north of the Red River…. All bets are off. No idea how you will be treated. My truck is painted Haze Gray…. Still a Millitary color, but less army….

Your biggest problem will probably be people stopping to chat or take pictures.

Have you had bad experiences yet to prompt your concern?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ramdough

One more thing, you could put on something that indicates you are part of a military vehicle collectors group.

Other than that…. If others are not causing you trouble, I would treat it as a them problem and not a my problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M109A3HQ-6

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I bought this two weeks ago and have been living in it since then. Is there a way to camouflage it so that other RV park residents aren't intimidated by it?
Awesome rig. You plan on building it rv or just rough it like an old soldier?

We just bought one as well we will be keeping the outside as it is and converting the inside to rv with a modern industrial look.
Plan on driving around to US like we are lost and can’t find Az.

Attachments

biscuitwhistler37

I don't mean to be "that guy", but why hide a beautiful piece of history like that? I mean, it's a truck, it's not going to bite anyone. If you feel you must and money isn't an issue have it painted like a Monaco, or Winnebago or whatever's popular out/around there, essentially hide it in plain sight. If money is an issue, black tractor paint is cheap and hides body lines nicely.

raven090

I don't mean to be "that guy", but why hide a beautiful piece of history like that? I mean, it's a truck, it's not going to bite anyone. If you feel you must and money isn't an issue have it painted like a Monaco, or Winnebago or whatever's popular out/around there, essentially hide it in plain sight. If money is an issue, black tractor paint is cheap and hides body lines nicely.
I second this. You've just acquired a wonderful piece of history and you have to be unapologetic with it. If there's no other reason to camouflage aside the one stated, I'll leave it that way.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks