• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35 series cold weather hood and side covers

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Has anyone actually installed this winter hat on their Deuce..?

M35 SERIES COLD WEATHER ENGINE HOOD AND SIDE COVERS 7386179 NOS
US ARMY P/N - 7386179 NSN - 2510-00-738-6179

I was looking for the TM for it. Also, how is this attached to the truck. Springs, clips, rope...? I have a matching grill cover that came with the arctic heater kit, that came with springs to attach to the truck. So I think I have the complete set. Just fishing for info here..?

Attachments

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Has anyone actually installed this winter hat on their Deuce..?

M35 SERIES COLD WEATHER ENGINE HOOD AND SIDE COVERS 7386179 NOS
US ARMY P/N - 7386179 NSN - 2510-00-738-6179

I was looking for the TM for it. Also, how is this attached to the truck. Springs, clips, rope...? I have a matching grill cover that came with the arctic heater kit, that came with springs to attach to the truck. So I think I have the complete set. Just fishing for info here..?
Don, you are missing parts...

cbvet

One of my trucks has the covers. I tell people it's Kevlar. They nod and say "That's what I figured"!
I'll try to get pictures for you tomorrow.
I'm taking my Deuces to town to fill up with gasoline. I need to "thin" the WMO for winter.

eagle4g63

I'll get you a pic in the morning of mine. They are a bunch of clips(as many as there are slots in the blankets) that get screwed to the hood and side panels that hold these on.

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wreckerman
Coming from a southern man I can respect that . It is what it is. I aspire to retire in the U.S.V.I. but im not there yet. When I go I am bringing all the toys. Then I will sell this winter coat and stockings, but for now I need the installation kit.

Last edited:

eagle4g63

Here you go the first pic is of the clip screwed to the deuce, then the blanket slips over it and you lace the straps(the ones sewed on the blanket) through the clip. Here is another shot a little farther away so you can see just how many go on...like I said one for every hole in the blankets.

Haven't started on the front grill blanket yet so not sure about the springs?.?. Anybody else help with that part? Might save me some time figuring it out myself.

Attachments

jeffhuey1n

SMSgt, USAF (Ret.)
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Clips

Wish I could help. I have a former ND NG truck. It only has the clips for the grill. The front cover in on my wish list, in the meantime...it's hill billy ville. Cardboard, works wonders but looks like crap. Keep the pictures coming. One of these days I'll use 'em for reference.

eagle4g63

Thanks srocker for that link, that says alot and has great pics. I'll have to check my bags closer to see if I have those flat clips not just the ones in my pics.....otherwise I guess I could just flatten them if I don't.

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Don, I have all the clips installed on my truck, you're welcome to come down and take a look. I don't have the hood or side covers, only the front.

eagle4g63

leroygreen: I couldn't find the first tm(I checked jatonkam, and google) but that second one is priceless. I wish I had that knowledge when I started to put in my heaters(arctic/winterization kits) that would have saved my loads of time figuring where everything would go.

Thanks for the links.