• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35 tires

tobyS

I have 4 of the A3 wheels with very good 14.5's (for the front). They are in pairs (left and right). One set is near flawless (never been on the road I think) and the other has very slight checking beginning. All are set up with valve stems and not CTIS.

Combined with a set of 11.00 on the rear, would make a dandy setup (my personal favorite). The 14.5 and 11.00 have the same revolutions per mile, so work together.

Not cheap but well below individual part cost. Also, I have a friend with GY G-177's radials for sale.

montaillou

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you decide to go the super single route keep in mind the added costs of changing the wheels (rims to some people) or going with adapters. There are articles and videos on youtube about people putting a 395 on a stock deuce wheel but it's not something I'd feel comfortable doing.

If you go with adapters you'll have to do it yourself as no tire place will touch the wheels with them. Then there's the added hardware of the adapters - 60, one inch bolts with nuts add up as well as new lug nuts for the rear wheels. There's also some specialized tools, so unless you have a good shop you'll be buying, borrowing or renting stuff.

tobyS

If you decide to go the super single route keep in mind the added costs of changing the wheels (rims to some people) or going with adapters. There are articles and videos on youtube about people putting a 395 on a stock deuce wheel but it's not something I'd feel comfortable doing.

If you go with adapters you'll have to do it yourself as no tire place will touch the wheels with them. Then there's the added hardware of the adapters - 60, one inch bolts with nuts add up as well as new lug nuts for the rear wheels. There's also some specialized tools, so unless you have a good shop you'll be buying, borrowing or renting stuff.
The 395's on stock A3 wheels have had a lot of discussion and generally determined safe. What is not, is 14.5 (or 365) on the industrial wheels of the 5 ton. I haven't seen reports of any problems with 395's on A3 wheels, but I note the beadlocks are for 11" not 10" wide.

I don't know about the rotating weight of the MRAP wheels and adaptors, with all those bolts, but it has to be about double (or more) what an A3 rims is. Personally I like minimum rotating weight.

I have a friend with 395 xl's on custom rims made for the deuce that I will try to get from my email to here. They are on a bobbed deuce that we may work a deal on, and (2-4) would be available.

winfred

i scaled my new full tread 395s, hutchetson beadlocks, adapters/bolts and steel rims at 470# a pop, i figure you are adding about 200# a side on the fronts going from 9" ndt's and are reasonably close to the same weight per hub when singling out the rear, my mrap rims are 150#, you could get as low as 77# with certain aluminum mrap rims putting the assembly near 400#, leave off the 30# beadlock too and you are at around 100# more then a 9" ndt. my truck rides better but steers harder and the 109a3 bounce is less energetic and at 5-10 mph lower on 395s, 60 mph at 2250 rpm is kinda nice

I don't know about the rotating weight of the MRAP wheels and adaptors, with all those bolts, but it has to be about double (or more) what an A3 rims is. Personally I like minimum rotating weight.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?58150-Hemtt-rims-VS-stock-deuce-rims-for-395s&highlight=

tobyS

Custom wheel, not stock.
YES and apparently not a bolt together. Wonder without a beadlock if it seats up better than the bolt together? It has to reduce the weight a lot. Capacity...???, Safety...???

The wheels I was referring too first are not the one I last posted a picture of. They are on A3 rims and 14.5's. Sorry to mix things up.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks