• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35 to M109 Camper Conversion Build Thread

TACTICAL6

This will be my build thread for the conversion of my m35a2 to a m109a3. On Saturday we went down to kipmans farm for the removal of my bed. With the help of chevracer87 and kipman we successfully removed the bed, but not without the smashing of a brake light bucket. Luckily I have an extra bucket. Other than that everything went smooth. In a week or so we will be heading out to Pennsylvania to claim our 109 box and start our camper project. I will post updates as the project continues. I know you guys and gals like pics so here ya go!

Attachments

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The last 3 beds I've removed, I broke at least one light housing.

My new motto is, drop the lights, before lifting the bed.

ARYankee

Sweet!!! I had the same thing in mind but unfortunately putting faith and trust in others to help doesn't always work out. At the moment my similar build is on hold, if it even happens. Good thing you had some folks you could count on :)

TACTICAL6

I thought we would need some comms between the deuce and the chase vehicle during the trip to PA. So, I installed a Uniden Pro 520 xl CB. We will be using an audio splitter and earbuds for the deuce because it is pretty hard to hear the speaker.

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is the box coming from Ken Kublo? I just scrapped one last week (too far gone to save). Brought me $345 in scrap. Heavy suckers.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'd like to see or know some details on that "spreader" used in post 4.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks