• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35 Wheels

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Recovry4x4 said:
... I've seen a few folks question if the front wheel will clear drum. Think it will?
Nice and easy guys! Good things take time.
Don't get to enthusiastic, that wheel is just a prototype! The dimensions from this std. mass poduced (= low cost) rim are different from what I had suggested in my drawings and it looks to me that in fact the drop center could interfere with the front brake backing plate!
Hopefully not!
Lets wait what Mike finds out.

Gerhard

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Since they are such a nice looking wheel, if by chance they don't clear the drum, one could convert the front to disc brakes. Either way, I love the look of them. Mike, can't wait to see them on the truck.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was there last week and the wheels were still on the pallet. He's been busier than a 1 legged man in a butt kicking contest with work.

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They are some real nice looking wheels. No beadlocks, no slpit rims.. Big tires. Assuming they were balanced and used on the open road, the 395's themselves are not rated for much >50MPH.

In the courses I'm taking on the 5-tons, which use essentially the same but larger diameter tire, the instructor made a point about putting 70PSI in the tires for highway use to improve stability and vehicle control. He said 50 is too soft and squishy on vehicles with high center of gravity and that low air pressure such as the 50 PSI that CTIS permits has been found to contribute to rollovers during unexpected maneuvering. Having had the truck up to almost 70 downhill once by mistake, its behavior begins to get unruly and downright scary. All this said, I don't see why the rims would not be just fine for 50-55MPH use where the truck was designed to run.

Is it DOT or liability issues for not reccomending them for on-road use? If those are the only reasons, then people can engage in whatever imprudence they wish with no other concerns.

devilman96

Hey guys.. I didn’t realize this thread was still popping up... Wheels and tires have been mounted for several months and were posted on the thread for the truck found here.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/index....t=diablo&sid=0797f8483f998592c07aabe3e35d0f81

Thus far I have about 4000 and something miles on them and am quite pleased. I’m using liquid balancing aka Slime tire sealant with 1.250 gallons per tire, considerate a "dual purpose" usage but I wasn’t about to spend 300-400$ on Dyna beads when all I needed was fluid weight to get the job of dynamic balancing done. They’re a little bouncy between 20-30 mph but otherwise handle great on the highway.

I do not have these listed in the store yet but I am selling them so if you’re interested please shoot me a PM.

Attachments

chevycrew

RE: Re: RE: now thats a nice looking rim

Bringing this post back to the top.

If anyone wants to get a group purchase going on wheels, please post up! I need 4 wheels, and would like them within the next couple months.

So with me needing 4, if someone else orders as well, both of us save money!!

Thanks!

55Cameo

Speaking of Dyna beads, I found a place that has the same thing that dyna beads sells for a LOT less. I put 2 1/2 lbs in each tire for about $40 total and they ride great (53's) It is a blasting media that is 100% synthetic ceramic and is perfectly round and about the size of sugar sand. It goes through the valve stem then you insert filtered valve cores and air up. Easy to install and comparing them to dyna beads they are the same thing. I have run this stuff in dozens of tires, 35" tires on my superduty with 0 wheel weights up to the 53's on the Deuce and it works awesome. I purchased a 50lb bucket of the media for $173 and the filtered valve cores for about $1 each in bulk. Some of my trucks have had the beads in them for 30,000 miles and when I broke down the tires, the stuff still looks like new with no wear on the wheels at all. If anyone wants more info on it just p.m. me and I'll get it to you.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks