• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35 will not start

twright

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have had this truck for a little over 3 years has always started . All you had to do was turn the switch and hit the start button. I try to start it and the M109 every week and drive them around the house .I started it last week ran great like it always has let it get up to temp. drove it around them shut it down .Went to start it this weekend no start checked the pump in the tank it runs then I checked to see if I had fuel at the bleed screw at the filters had fuel.What should I check next?
AEC Retired

aaron379

I had a problem with mine starting it was a broken line the goes to the intake its an 1/8 fuel line wont start with out it so check all the lines on the injectors and the one that runs to the intake my fuel was bleeding off and i found my leak by turning my pump on and laying underneath untill I saw a drip

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Tony, it's a curse for not attending the rally. It will be worse next year. Wonder what issues hndrsonj is dealing with?

Akicita

I had a similar problem. Took the in-tank pump out of the tank and found a lot of gunk had clogged up the screen at the bottom of the tank. I removed the gunk, reinstalled the pump and the truck is starting right away again.

Pictures:
- Dirty filter
- Dirt from filter that I collected
- Cleaned up pump

Attachments

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Tony, call if you have questions, I might be able to walk you through it. Still interested in that winch if you don't mind finding a box and shipping it.