• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35 won't steer to the right?

texascadillac42

I recently fired up my M35 to move it up to my new place and noticed an odd problem. It will not turn to the right no matter how hard I pull on the wheel. Turning to left, full lock, is no problem, and returning to center is no problem, but turning right is impossible.

The truck steered fine in both directions when I last moved it several months ago. It has been relatively cold here lately, but I'm not sure how that would affect this. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

mikew

I think you're all wrong!

Obviously this is one of the very, very rare deuces built for NASCAR.... so it only turns left!

bones1

All your right turn air leaked out over the winter or someone used lefthand grease on the right side of the truck.. This only happens on days that end in a Y.:)

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There was an article in MVM awhile back about how to change a steering box in a deuce. His steering box broke and he had to change it. I believe I remember the author saying that his steering box broke inside and would only turn one direction before he changed it.

I'd try (as others have suggested) to thaw it out before I pulled the box. Those things aren't easy to get out.

MyothersanM1

19K M1 Armor Crewman
Steel Soldiers Supporter
All your right turn air leaked out over the winter or someone used lefthand grease on the right side of the truck.. This only happens on days that end in a Y.:)
Nothin' a can of squelch juice and a right handed crowbar couldn't handle:wink: If not the crowbar try a left handed monkey wrench.

texascadillac42

Steering box had water in it which was frozen. A magnetic block heater on it for less than an hour thawed it out and I'm back in business. Thanks for the suggestion.

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
they are meant to have 90 wt oil. grease won't leak out, but it won't lube it either. of course, since these trucks were meant to last only 8 years, there was no need to make the seal removable while in the truck. duh. but really, it's not that hard to remove the box and fix it right.

tom

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks