• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M353 Firewood hauler

MDSA

Friend at church wanted several trees down. Got the liitle ones last week, but got the 3 biguns Saturday. Had plenty of help, but who thinks to stop and take pics while working?? We didn't.

There was one large white pine that needed to be pulled while cutting; the Deuce made easy work of that. The Oaks came down easy. Another guy took a pickup load home; we got the rest.

Got home and had the trailer half unloaded before I rememebered to take pics.

I love the M353 for firewood because the deck is nice and low. Lower than a M105 and much lower than a Deuce bed, and at my age, low is good, very good. Solid steel floor so it won't be phased by throwing wood on it. The wooden sides are 2 feet high. The trailer is rated for 8000 lbs highway so it will never be overloaded. The pine was lighter and went in the Deuce.

By the way, this is all for next winter.

Attachments

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I like it very much! Much more utilitarian now that sides are on it. Even looks respectable, few Volvo owners will turn up their noses at it now!

rwoods

Low is indeed good. Our local firewood ministry has access to a couple M35A3s and some 101A3s. Other than the teenagers no one wants to chunk wood that high so the 101A3s were sold and the w/ow M35A3C is going to be sold in the coming weeks. Ron

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I really like the sideboards. Very cool.