• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M353 Questions

mnkupshaw

New member here. Just bought a 1988 M353 and am new to the forum. This trailer is much bigger than expected. Planning on making a flatbed firewood trailer out of it for taking in the woods behind the tractor. It's got the 6 lug tractor trailer tires on it, are there smaller tires/wheels available that will fit this bolt pattern. The bolt pattern is 6 X 8.75. Another question I have is about one of the front retractable support/landing gear. One moves and operates freely and properly. On the other one, the handwheel will only make about 1/2 - 3/4 of a turn before it bottoms out in its opening and will not turn anymore. I can rotate the tire mounting yoke but it is very difficult, however, when I turn it, it is not moving up and down. Any ideas of where this may be froze up or stuck would be greatly appreciated.

mnkupshaw

That trailer is a really heavy trailer on the tongue, so I hope you have a large enough truck or tractor to pull it loaded with. Have you gotten your handwheel freeded up?
The trailer pulled fine behind my Toyota Tundra and I have a Ford 3910 to use it with in the woods. I haven't gotten the stem of the wheel yoke or hand wheel freed up yet.