• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35a BOWS and Cargo Cover

unispeed

My M35a3 came with "extended height bows" ? for the cargo

it was a little tall for the appeal so iI decided to take the middle side panels out and just use the bows
these are 1 piece bows that might set lower than nomal (6-8 in above cab roof (they do have a v pitch to them) seems more than other bows?

any body got a measurement from the middle of the bow to the floor?

here is a pick at the lot and with my new cover
do these wrinkles work out or is this to looose?
it is a GMA cover

I got a Spare new one for $500 if you want
I called and they wanted 725 for 1
and 1000 for 2???????

thanks
Mark

Attachments

unispeed

Gimp
does you Bows slide in about 2-3 inches? fig A

if so do you pin them? with a bolt ?

front to back fig B or in/out fig c?

thx
Mark

Attachments

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
The part that slides in to the troop seats/racks is the stave(the up right). My staves are metal as are the bows. Yes the stave goes into the bow about 3 inches. I have not pinned them or bolted them in. I do have the little holes to do so, but have not. Never had an issue with them staying in place.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I use my bows with an LMTV cargo cover. It is taller than a stock deuce cargo cover. The stock deuce covers hurt my back, but the LMTV covers allow me to stand upright. When I got my bows new and put the LMTV cover on, I had to cut 3" off the height to get the cover to come over the bed sides. I doubt I will ever go back to a stock deuce cargo cover.