• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35a BOWS and Cargo Cover

unispeed

My M35a3 came with "extended height bows" ? for the cargo

it was a little tall for the appeal so iI decided to take the middle side panels out and just use the bows
these are 1 piece bows that might set lower than nomal (6-8 in above cab roof (they do have a v pitch to them) seems more than other bows?

any body got a measurement from the middle of the bow to the floor?

here is a pick at the lot and with my new cover
do these wrinkles work out or is this to looose?
it is a GMA cover

I got a Spare new one for $500 if you want
I called and they wanted 725 for 1
and 1000 for 2???????

thanks
Mark

Attachments

unispeed

Gimp
does you Bows slide in about 2-3 inches? fig A

if so do you pin them? with a bolt ?

front to back fig B or in/out fig c?

thx
Mark

Attachments

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
The part that slides in to the troop seats/racks is the stave(the up right). My staves are metal as are the bows. Yes the stave goes into the bow about 3 inches. I have not pinned them or bolted them in. I do have the little holes to do so, but have not. Never had an issue with them staying in place.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I use my bows with an LMTV cargo cover. It is taller than a stock deuce cargo cover. The stock deuce covers hurt my back, but the LMTV covers allow me to stand upright. When I got my bows new and put the LMTV cover on, I had to cut 3" off the height to get the cover to come over the bed sides. I doubt I will ever go back to a stock deuce cargo cover.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks