• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A1 vs M35A2 ?????

The -A1 didn't have a verticle exhaust.................Smaller tail lights.......... Naturally aspirated Engine........

Chassis and other parts should be the same....for the most part

acetomatoco

Yup... old Smokie.... the LDS427 with the horizontal exhaust... We could knock Comrade off his bicycle at 15 feet...cough cough.....

jatonka

And the M35A1 was seriously turbo'd. The 427 uses a large turbo for power, not to clean the air. Mine is still going strong, drawing 8 to 9 tons of slate and gravel regularly. 2500 rpm max, check the oil and antifreeze, adjust the valves once a year. Runs like heck, smokes like h&%l !!!!!

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
To my knowledge - there is no LD427. There is a LDS-427 - the first Multifuel, and the S standing for turboSupercharger. As John mentioned earlier - that turbo was to make HP - not clean the exhaust as was the case with the later LDT.

The M35A1 had a box seat - and so did the M35, and so did the M35A2 until about 1969 or so (have to dig through a lot of paperwork to pin that down closer.

HTH,
David Doyle

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This disscusion begs the question, Has anyone ever put a LDS427 turbo on a LDT465? If so what was the power increase?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Visually, the LDS427 turbo looks alot like the turbo that was used on the early LDS465 engines. Later versions and through replacement, the bigger 5 ton turbos got swapped out.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks