• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2 1500 mile move

Hummer Guy

Since when is a Deuce illegal in any State? Anyone know more about this? Is CO the only "illegal"? Have I been in a hole somewhere? When did this happen?

Where THERE it is.....S.O.B.

Other states have mountains......no CO for me
After reading all of this, it's actually unbelievable that Colorado hates MVs so much, I thought California was bad, but this is next level. You can't even go to parades or special events. You might as well just sell your MV if you're in Colorado or put it outside for a yard ornament, after reading this, you may have a trooper pull up on the farm to give you a violation for turning on your truck. I guess Colorado is truly trying to throw out the phrase "Land of The Free"

USN_Green_Addict

Steel Soldiers Supporter
After reading all of this, it's actually unbelievable that Colorado hates MVs so much, I thought California was bad, but this is next level. You can't even go to parades or special events. You might as well just sell your MV if you're in Colorado or put it outside for a yard ornament, after reading this, you may have a trooper pull up on the farm to give you a violation for turning on your truck. I guess Colorado is truly trying to throw out the phrase "Land of The Free"
yes it's terrible. Lots of us even tried testifying in Colorado Capital. The head of the DMV was former Army. Everyone got rejected titles. Mine was in Colorado because I was stationed outside of the Continental USA and was in storage. Even if it's not a USA vehicle the DMV doesn't care. A guy up the road got told the DMV decided to interpret the law as all military vehicles when his pinzgauer got rejected for registration. It's all the commies from California that want to close all loop holes for anything that can run on oil. They are really pushing green deal hard in Colorado.

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Day one report.

120 miles in and I got pulled over with a warning for impeding traffic, and the state trooper telling me these trucks are not legal in Colorado, I was lucky mine is registered in Texas so he let me off with a warning. 260 miles in, a fuel return line split. Took an hour for my better half to drive to Napa and get a few new ones.

Made it to Pampa Texas around 9:45. Average speed of 53mph.
Since when is a Deuce illegal in any State? Anyone know more about this? Is CO the only "illegal"? Have I been in a hole somewhere? When did this happen?

Where THERE it is.....S.O.B.

Other states have mountains......no CO for me
So, does this mean Chevrolet pickups, misc. cars, trucks, etc. are not legal either, if they have a US Government data plate?

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So, does this mean Chevrolet pickups, misc. cars, trucks, etc. are not legal either, if they have a US Government data plate?
I would regrettably say, YES.....IF they knew it was a FMV......what happened to State reciprocation? Licensed in one State, legal in all States? Is that correct? Or is it that only Colorado citizens could not register and drive a FMV in their state?

USN_Green_Addict

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would regrettably say, YES.....IF they knew it was a FMV......what happened to State reciprocation? Licensed in one State, legal in all States? Is that correct? Or is it that only Colorado citizens could not register and drive a FMV in their state?
Hawaii is the same way, only certain ones can be registered. The finally did away with the requirement for civilian vehicles to undergo two separate inspections if you modified anything from OEM.

cavtrooper78

what happened to State reciprocation? Licensed in one State, legal in all States? Is that correct?
From what I understand it has to be classified as a “Historical Military Vehicle” which is bs. Honestly there needs to be a test case go through Colorado because I would think it’s unconstitutional. Also they state in their letter released after they passed the law in 2022 that they can’t be used on the highway or registered for on-highway use because they’ve never been intended for on highway use. I tell you what. In the 17 years I spent in the army I drove trucks more on a road than off of a road.

I imagine that one could argue that they don’t want to drive our trucks on the “highway” anyway lol.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks