• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35a2 2 hole injector

cowboyballer

Hello everyone I got a 1971 m35a2 with 8000 miles. It has a white 465ldt D it is dated Feb 1986 on the plate it has the tab style head gasket with a C turbo. I just adjusted the valves on the truck but this was going on before. it has the Ann 130sm 6844B2 injectors the truck starts good hot cold don't matter. Don't smoke anything thing crazy the fuel is bumped up just a little pyrometer never goes over 950. Anyways some times around mid RPM range about 40 mph the truck will start to miss on sounds like 1 cylinder but if you give it a little more fuel goes away now the rpms don't drop or lose power I just hear a skipping sound through the exhaust. Here is number 1 & 2 injectors I pulled out just to see what they look like I know I should get them pop tested. But what else could cause this???

whatadeuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Stop guessing ! Pop test the injectors ! They should open between 2800 and 3000 PSI, AND observe the spray pattern, and verify weather your engine uses the single or double hole injector tips...

Attachments

cowboyballer

I know I'm going to get them done. And these are the injectors that come in this engine they ain't never been out the engine I'm pretty sure

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks