• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2 465 service questions

red devils dude

fred rader does your truck have a 120psi or 60 psi Oil Pressure Gauge
my trucks a 1971 and I need to replace it thats why I am asking.

fredrader

I will check it when I get back home and let you know..My guage doesn't work either but the guy I bought it from checked it with a test guage and said it was around 75psi..He gave me a sending unit for it but I haven't installed it yet..I am in your neck of the woods now just west of syracuse on 90..I am on the way to clifton park NY then down to DC then back home so I will be home Thu..

Red Neck

Fred, Where is the oil stream going passed you engine data plate coming from, a valve cover or head gasket ?

MVtrucker

If you have a gauge in the truck, go by it. If not, post the part number or any other numbers that might be on the sending unit. I probably won't know by the numbers what you have, but maybe someone else on Steel Soldiers will. If this fails, buy both.

now I have heard that some m44/35's have 100 psi at start up and some have 30 or so. whats the deal with that? is there a way to put a higher spring in the oil pump housing? whats the difference in the motors?

fredrader

Red Neck said:
Fred, Where is the oil stream going passed you engine data plate coming from, a valve cover or head gasket ?
I haven't had time to look yet..I will clean the engine up and see what is what..

Rattlehead

The oil sending unit should have the psi range stamped on the top. I am in need of a 60 psi sending unit, my gauge is 60 lbs but the sending unit is a 120 lb. Gauge reads low, as verified with a mechanical oil press gauge.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks