• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2 6 wheel lock up!

jeffhuey1n

SMSgt, USAF (Ret.)
Steel Soldiers Supporter
A full lockup seems to indicate a central point of failure. You indicated you’ve rebuilt the master cylinder? If so, might want to pull it and verify the parts you put in stayed where they’re supposed to be. If the master cylinder is good to go, check the air pack. When’s the last time it was worked on? I seem to recall a similar issue somewhere in my past. I started at the furthest wheel cylinder and go through each one. Check the lines for kinks, especially around the master cylinder and air pack. Question: what type brake fluid have you been using? If it’s DOT 3, you could have some rather nasty corrosion issues.

wiggall

Check and make sure the brake linkage has a small amount of free play before it contacts the master cylinder piston.
Thanks!
A full lockup seems to indicate a central point of failure. You indicated you’ve rebuilt the master cylinder? If so, might want to pull it and verify the parts you put in stayed where they’re supposed to be. If the master cylinder is good to go, check the air pack. When’s the last time it was worked on? I seem to recall a similar issue somewhere in my past. I started at the furthest wheel cylinder and go through each one. Check the lines for kinks, especially around the master cylinder and air pack. Question: what type brake fluid have you been using? If it’s DOT 3, you could have some rather nasty corrosion issues.
I replaced the Master Cylinder with a new one. So I think that is out! DOT 5

wiggall

Check and make sure the brake linkage has a small amount of free play before it contacts the master cylinder piston.
I loosened it up today . I turned the Master Cylinder rod all the way into the linkage! I am running DOT 5 Brake fluid in it. As soon as I have air. and step on the brake all six wheels are locked up!

wiggall

The Master Cylinder is bran new.

Jeepsinker

The brakes work without air. Could it be the air pack?
Yes. Sounds like the relay valving is sticking, or the air piston itself is. Get it to stick, then open your service gladhand valve and see if they release immediately. If so, probably the relay valve. If not, open the emergency air gladhand valve and see if they release.

wiggall

Yes. Sounds like the relay valving is sticking, or the air piston itself is. Get it to stick, then open your service gladhand valve and see if they release immediately. If so, probably the relay valve. If not, open the emergency air gladhand valve and see if they release.
Thanks! Iwill try that.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks