• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2/A3 heat, ac, off road lights, winch, and cig plug outlets?

alfred10

How hard is it to put heat in a A2/A3 that doesnt allready have it? How about a few cigerate plug ligther, huge roof mounted offroad lights, and a decent winch? Will the standard electrical system take it? Would the A2 or A3 be easier to do these things to?

wikallen

Heat, easy to install, find a kit.

Lights, Same easy to install, find 24v bulbs

Winch, $1500 usually gets what you need

Cigarette lighter, Easy, just wire up a 24v to 12v converter. Can be had cheap on ebay for 20 and 30 watts.

If you plan to run ALOT of 12v items or a single 12v item that has a large draw there are two safe ways to do it. You can either purchase a battery equalizer sized for your application that will discharge both batteries equally. Or install a separate 12v system compromised of a 12v alternator and 12 volt battery. Both have there pros and cons.

AceHigh

There are about 3 or more ways to do a heater. The original one draws in fresh air under the hood. Takes up a lot of room in the engine bay. The M35A3 heater is under the glove box and IMO is a little better. On my M35A2 I mounted a M151 heater in the cab.

wikallen

If you plan to run ALOT of 12v items or a single 12v item that has a large draw there are two safe ways to do it. You can either purchase a battery equalizer sized for your application that will discharge both batteries equally. Or install a separate 12v system compromised of a 12v alternator and 12 volt battery. Both have there pros and cons.

3 ways, if you include what I previously posted. In my M109a3, I have two 30amp converters in the cab, and one in the box. So far I am only powering 2 cigarette plugs up front, and one in the box. Cheap Chinese converters on ebay can be had for 10 bucks or less. I have had no issues charging my cell phone, gps, and using my 12volt cooler and running an 80watt inverter.

bratpackdad

Deuce

How hard is it to put heat in a A2/A3 that doesnt allready have it? How about a few cigerate plug ligther, huge roof mounted offroad lights, and a decent winch? Will the standard electrical system take it? Would the A2 or A3 be easier to do these things to?

Heat? I use a Japanese "Snuggie" .........Lighter? I use my Kentucky Fried Chicken cup lighter .........and off-road lights? I use my 4100 lumen flashlight, (it also starts fires.) As far as a wench goes, I don't leave the pavement so I havn't had anyone ask for a tow yet.[thumbzup]

Attachments