• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2/A3 heat, ac, off road lights, winch, and cig plug outlets?

alfred10

How hard is it to put heat in a A2/A3 that doesnt allready have it? How about a few cigerate plug ligther, huge roof mounted offroad lights, and a decent winch? Will the standard electrical system take it? Would the A2 or A3 be easier to do these things to?

wikallen

Heat, easy to install, find a kit.

Lights, Same easy to install, find 24v bulbs

Winch, $1500 usually gets what you need

Cigarette lighter, Easy, just wire up a 24v to 12v converter. Can be had cheap on ebay for 20 and 30 watts.

If you plan to run ALOT of 12v items or a single 12v item that has a large draw there are two safe ways to do it. You can either purchase a battery equalizer sized for your application that will discharge both batteries equally. Or install a separate 12v system compromised of a 12v alternator and 12 volt battery. Both have there pros and cons.

AceHigh

There are about 3 or more ways to do a heater. The original one draws in fresh air under the hood. Takes up a lot of room in the engine bay. The M35A3 heater is under the glove box and IMO is a little better. On my M35A2 I mounted a M151 heater in the cab.

wikallen

If you plan to run ALOT of 12v items or a single 12v item that has a large draw there are two safe ways to do it. You can either purchase a battery equalizer sized for your application that will discharge both batteries equally. Or install a separate 12v system compromised of a 12v alternator and 12 volt battery. Both have there pros and cons.

3 ways, if you include what I previously posted. In my M109a3, I have two 30amp converters in the cab, and one in the box. So far I am only powering 2 cigarette plugs up front, and one in the box. Cheap Chinese converters on ebay can be had for 10 bucks or less. I have had no issues charging my cell phone, gps, and using my 12volt cooler and running an 80watt inverter.

bratpackdad

Deuce

How hard is it to put heat in a A2/A3 that doesnt allready have it? How about a few cigerate plug ligther, huge roof mounted offroad lights, and a decent winch? Will the standard electrical system take it? Would the A2 or A3 be easier to do these things to?

Heat? I use a Japanese "Snuggie" .........Lighter? I use my Kentucky Fried Chicken cup lighter .........and off-road lights? I use my 4100 lumen flashlight, (it also starts fires.) As far as a wench goes, I don't leave the pavement so I havn't had anyone ask for a tow yet.[thumbzup]

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks