• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35a2 air filter element: commercial part #?

NGC

I need an air filter for M35 a2
6x6
does anyone one have a commercial part number I can cross reference as local parts store can't reference number off old filter?

Last edited by a moderator:

Nitrodiver

If the NAPA filter only flows 70ish% of the mil filter in CFM. That's a pretty appreciable difference in air flow, based on the 410 vs 265 CFM numbers given being brand new. At 265 CFM as the NAPA filter does its job that number shrinks. Seems to me that the NAPA filter even mildly dirty could cause other issues. The obvious being performance but also expense on more frequent filter changes. Not to mention oil leaks ect. Or is my thought process way out in left field?

Not to hijack the thread just something Ive been wondering about for a wile. Seems as good a place as any to ask.

rustystud

If the NAPA filter only flows 70ish% of the mil filter in CFM. That's a pretty appreciable difference in air flow, based on the 410 vs 265 CFM numbers given being brand new. At 265 CFM as the NAPA filter does its job that number shrinks. Seems to me that the NAPA filter even mildly dirty could cause other issues. The obvious being performance but also expense on more frequent filter changes. Not to mention oil leaks ect. Or is my thought process way out in left field?

Not to hijack the thread just something Ive been wondering about for a wile. Seems as good a place as any to ask.
No your correct. Filters are sized to meet the engines needs even when dirty. A marginal filter when new will not meet the engines needs when dirty. Then the engine will start to suck harder causing all kinds of problems in the crankcase and elsewhere.

Nitrodiver

No your correct. Filters are sized to meet the engines needs even when dirty. A marginal filter when new will not meet the engines needs when dirty. Then the engine will start to suck harder causing all kinds of problems in the crankcase and elsewhere.
Thank you for the conformation. Think I'll stick with the mil filter. Glade I found this post as I was leaning towards to NAPA filter not knowing the CFM numbers.

G744

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Duece and 5-ton air filters are very different. No swap there.

If I had a duece I'd be tempted to modify it by putting a 5-ton filter on the fender. They last a loooong time, and are washable.

DG

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks