• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2 Air Pack...Aarrrrgh!!

Mike O

Just got done putting a kit in my air pack and bleeding the brakes on my M35A2. Funny thing now, the air pressure locks up my brakes, brake light are on and the drivers side trailer air brake gladhand has pressure all the time! If I open the valve and let the air out, the brakes release. I know drivers side trailer air brake gladhand should not have air unless you're stepping on the brakes so obviously I've done something wrong. The lines are attached correctly as they really can't go anywhere else but where I have them. Any ideas what I could have gotten wrong in the airpack? I tried to be so careful and even checked out the pics in the deuce forum of someone else rebuilding their airpack. Any suggestions on where to start looking would be most appreciated.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Piston in airpack was stuck before you installed? Napa has some air tool oil that is a cleaner to. Could try and get some in the incomming line for the airpack.

Mike O

No, the piston was not stuck. The reason for rebuilding was because brake fluid was getting in the air system. The brakes have never done this before. Yes, I did hone the cylinders even though they looked fine. I had the entire unit apart and cleaned everything spotless. I'd hate to have to remove the unit and disassemble it again but I will if I have to.

Mike O

I don't know if the vent line is plugged. It wasn't plugged before I took the air pack apart. When the brake fluid got into the air system, it was spewing brake fluid out from somewhere next to the engine on the passenger side. Is that where the vent tube is?