• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2 Air system questions

Lenny

Does anyone know what is the typical air pressure in a fully charged M45A2 air tank? My air pressure gauge is messed up. Also what is the tank capacity? Thanks, Lenny

dmetalmiki

My M45 530C sits around 95 PSI, But I do have an auxiliary extra air tank fitted for capacity as I fitted air power steering. I was thinking of adjusting the air pressure up some when I get around to it.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Thats a function of the air governor. I've never had to adjust one so I'll let someone else tell you how to do it.

DieselBob

I didn't realize that was adjustable. How do you do that? Lenny
TM 9-2320-361-20
8-29. AIR COMPRESSOR GOVERNOR MAINTENANCE (Contd)
c. Check and Adjustment
1. Start engine and buildup air pressure (TM 9-2320-361-10) until gage (4) reading is steady.
2. Check air pressure. Gage (4) should read 85-120 psi.
3. If air pressure gage (4) reading is correct, stop engine. End of task.
4. If air pressure gage (4) reading is too low:
a. Stop engine.
b. Remove cap (3), loosen jamnut (1), and turn screw (2) 1/4 turn clockwise.
c. Start engine and buildup air pressure (TM 9-2320-361-10). Check air pressure gage (4) reading.
If still low, check for air leaks and repeat step b. until air pressure is correct.
d. Stop engine, tighten jamnut (1) on screw (2), and install cap (3).
5. If air pressure gage (4) reading is too high:
a. Stop engine.
b. Remove cap (6) from air valve (5).
c. Turn air valve (5) left and bleed air until gage (4) reads below 100 psi.
d. Close air valve (5) and replace cap (6).
e. Remove cap (3), loosen jamnut ( 1), and turn screw (2) 1/4 turn counterclockwise.
f. Start engine and buildup air pressure. Check air pressure gage (4) reading. If still high, repeat
steps a. through e. until air pressure is correct.
g. Stop engine, tighten jamnut (1) on screw (2) and install cap (3).

Attachments

Lenny

Thanks Diesel Bob for the detailed explanation and the pictorial. It's simple enough. Lenny