• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m35a2 bed on a m103 or m105 chassis

Has anyone ever put a m35 bed on a m103 or m105 chassis? Do you have pictures of it? Should be pretty straight forward but I can't picture how it would look.

two.fiveM35

I saw a few years ago on here where someone turned the rear half of a M35a2 w/bed into a trailer, axles and all. I thought it looked great, but can't find the picture now. I know I'm getting away from your original question, but just thought I'd mention it.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I'd like to find a deuce bed from someone bobbing one and swap the M105 bed I have. Probably lengthen the M105 frame though.

rustystud

I saw a few years ago on here where someone turned the rear half of a M35a2 w/bed into a trailer, axles and all. I thought it looked great, but can't find the picture now. I know I'm getting away from your original question, but just thought I'd mention it.
Yes I remember that. I have the pictures somewhere if you want them. They took the pumpkins out of the differentials (and axles) and replaced them with flat steel plates to cover the hole. They then "V" notched the frame in front of the bed to bend it in and weld on the lunnete . Looked really cool !

That does help rusty thanks. I've been going back and forth on something bigger for camping and was all ready to start saving for a m818 and a m146 but registration would be like $1500 a year and that's nuts. Then I thought about buying another deuce and making it a tractor to pull a m146 which I still might do. But a deuce bed on a m105 would work even better and shouldn't cost much of $1500 to $2000 for a bed, sides, bows, and cover.

Patracy I would also length the frame on the m105 as well.

phil2968

I see a deuce rear suspension in the pic. Notice the lack of spring hangers in front and in the rear of the tires. Many M109's have been converted to trailers. Mdmorgan did one.

rustystud

Go to XM381.com and look at his truck build section. He is a SS member and does A1 work! Regards
Yes ! I believe that is where I got that picture from. They took the complete rear suspension and moved it under the frame of some trailer. They took out the differentials and axles and put in plates to cover the holes.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks