• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35a2 block heater

Dumpduece

I want to put a kats block heater on my '67 m35a2 with the white multi-fuel. Does anyone remember the size of the freeze plugs on the passenger side of the engine below the manifolds?

Thanks

jeff :-d

66Reo6X6

Yes they are 2". I have a 66 Reo with the same engine and am looking for a soft plug heater fo mine as well. Stumped the guys at the local Napa and Carquest. Would appreciate a heads up when you find one for this aplication. Thanks

baxter

I installed a kats 2" block heater in my m35 just make sure the wings on the back are working properly before you install. Mine felt tight and was torqued to specs I then wormed up the truck no leaks. I was about a mile down the road at about 10:30 pm and I could smell antifreeze the heater had blown out, back to my buddies house to try again finally got it in and it has held since. I love having that 1000W heater it works perfect I would recomend it to anyone.

Vaughn

rideni

only problem is that the top plug won't come out. So I bought a flame heater. And I tried to remove the bottom plug and it won't budge either

eddiec

westfolk, i stuck mine in the upper hole, i just could not convince myself that the impeller on the water pump would not hit the heating element, but it does very well there.

Farmun

I want to put a kats block heater on my '67 m35a2 with the white multi-fuel. Does anyone remember the size of the freeze plugs on the passenger side of the engine below the manifolds?

Thanks

jeff :-d
Just installed my Kats 1500 watt heater this afternoon. It's not the freeze plug type, but the recirculating kind. Wasn't that difficult, and only lost about a half gallon of coolant. But I did get to replace the heater hoses that were in pretty bad shape anyway. We plugged her in for a few minutes after everything was filled back up, and the hoses got really warm rather quickly. $45 for a recirculating coolant heater didn't seem that bad. ;-)

greenjeepster

If you want a heater I think you are better off with the freeze plug type. The problem with putting it on the water pump is that heat rises. It will rise to the top of the pump and hit the closed thermostat and that is as far as it will travel... Essentially you are warming the waterpump only. The freeze plug type goes into the block warming the water in the block transmitting heat to the pistons which is where you want heat when you are starting in cold weather.

Farmun

That's what I was thinking to, but Westfolk has a video of his truck starting in some pretty cold weather with his heater installed in the lower plug of the water pump. That was impressive. I understood that the thermostat on these trucks did not completely seal off to prevent any flow, just greatly restrict the flow until the temperature warms enough to fully open. ????

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks