• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2 brake fluid reservoir location????

shadow

Sorry to say but I have some bad news for anyone interested in the FOD’s. I heard on the news before that the actors that play the part of the ball players have retired or something. I didn’t really pay attention to the broadcast that night but there was something about a final walk into the corn field on that last game. They had different news channels there and were interviewing people and the actors. A lot of teary eyes all around. I just did a search and found this press release from 7 months ago:
:(

NEWS
For Immediate Release Contact: Julie Kronlage, Assistant Director
August 18, 2007 (563) 875-2311

Dyersville, IA – For years they have entertained, made crowds of thousands laugh and helped to make dreams come true. Now, after 18 years together, the Ghost Players of Left & Center Field of Dreams will be hanging up their spikes for the last time.

It began 18 years ago with three locals coming together and “magically” appearing from left field at the Field of Dreams. A little girl was playing on the edge of the grass where it meets the cornfield when out of nowhere three players dressed in old White Sox uniforms appeared, and the rest is history.

Since that magical day, the Ghost Players have become American icons. They have traveled throughout the world to United States military bases, been a part of community activities throughout US communities, and have made Dyersville and Iowa so proud.

You are invited to join in the last two appearances of the Ghost Players on August 26 at noon and on September 30 at noon. They have been an important part of American history; this is your chance to see the magic one last time before they depart into the corn forever.

For more information please call the Dyersville Area Chamber of Commerce at
563-875-2311.

*Media is invited and encouraged to attend. If you are looking for any
B-Roll footage please contact Joe Scherrman at 563-875-8217.
You can also contact the Dyersville Area Chamber of Commerce.

They filmed another baseball movie here in Iowa at Norway a few years ago. "THE FINAL SEASON is based on the true the story of a small town baseball team facing insurmountable odds." I haven't seen it. It hits close to home for me because in the story they play against the highschool I went to the year before I started there, along with others, and they were filming at the school and around town. I don't know how much made it in the movie but it has some big name actors in it. It was delayed because of a death during filming when the helicopter crashed next to the highway in a field. :(

ida34

The military uses Dot5 silicon which does not absorb moisture like other fluids. Many say that mixing will cause problems but David Doyle has posted information from a report that report mixing does not cause problems but mixing will totally negate the advantages of having Dot 5. If your reservoir was empty then putting in regular would be fine but some people will insist that you should flush the system.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
ida34 said:
The military uses Dot5 silicon which does not absorb moisture like other fluids. Many say that mixing will cause problems but David Doyle has posted information from a report that report mixing does not cause problems but mixing will totally negate the advantages of having Dot 5. If your reservoir was empty then putting in regular would be fine but some people will insist that you should flush the system.
True, but water will separate out and will freeze, if there is DOT 3 in the mix then at least the water wont freeze....mentioned this to David years ago and he did some testing also.

BTW, I use DOT 3 only in the deuce.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You are invited to join in the last two appearances of the Ghost Players on August 26 at noon and on September 30 at noon. They have been an important part of American history; this is your chance to see the magic one last time before they depart into the corn forever.
Son of a gun, oh well! Is there any other reason to ever visit Iowa?