• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2 Brake Parts

thatdude43

While rebuilding the brakes and replacing the bearings on my deuce and my buddy's deuce we found that his was missing some parts. We are looking for the washers and clips that hold the bottom of the brake shoes to the truck. I found the military part numbers but cant find them anywhere for sale. Parts are the retainer, part number 10896682 and the washer, flat, part number 10896709. I'm sure many of you have found these rumbling around in the brake drum as we have, but where can we find replacements? Thanks for your time.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I think he's referring to the large clips and felt washers at the bottom, see attached pic.

I didn't see these on TNJ or Erik's site, so I think Memphis or White Owl. Memphis sucks, so try George @ White Owl first.

Attachments

davey8943

FWIW, Eastern shipped me a batch of the retaining clips (some of the same parts I think you are looking for). I even sent them a picture to confirm which parts I was after.

The problem was that they weren't even close to the right size! I didn't send them back, they charged me less than a dollar a piece, it would have been more trouble than it was worth. I ended up re-using the old parts (apparently not an option for you!).

Happy brake-jobbing!

Dave