• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2 Browning M2 Gas Gun

Reconor894

I couldnt find a better place for this question, and its related to my Deuce so if its not allowed, move or delete it please. Anyhow I have a 1982 M49A2C I have converted to an M35A2. In the bed I have built a full size replica browning M2. I have built internals with a coil, solenoids for the gases, and a spark plug with oxygen and propane tanks plumbed out of the way. I am using a relay timer to actuate the devices and have gotten it to fire many times in a row, but it is very inconsistent. I have heard of a man named Steve Smith, and his projects dealing with these gas guns. I have tried to call and email, but no responses. Does anyone have any information on these gas guns or how to properly build one? Thanks in advance.custom_resized_685e5fdd-c1f5-458a-9344-0e8572a178f1.jpg

Last edited:

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I couldnt find a better place for this question, and its related to my Deuce so if its not allowed, move or delete it please. Anyhow I have a 1982 M49A2C I have converted to an M35A2. In the bed I have built a full size replica browning M2. I have built internals with a coil, solenoids for the gases, and a spark plug with oxygen and propane tanks plumbed out of the way. I am using a relay timer to actuate the devices and have gotten it to fire many times in a row, but it is very inconsistent. I have heard of a man named Steve Smith, and his projects dealing with these gas guns. I have tried to call and email, but no responses. Does anyone have any information on these gas guns or how to properly build one? Thanks in advance.View attachment 869226
I don't have a clue - but I am interested to see what we can learn...
Guessing that your fuel and electric lines run up through the mounting tube?
And... The coil is stashed somewhere to pump up the spark?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks