• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2 cab question(PIC'S)

chuck500cc

My doors close good, but at the top of the glass when the windows are rolled up all the way niether window fits right. Smaller gap at the botoom of the window and it tapers out at the top/front. The back of both door windows snag on the windowjam twords the back of the cab.

Chuck XD Fan

Attachments

Westech

CPL
RE: M35A2 cab question(PIC

I used a 4x4 and bent up the door a bit (used it against the cab and bottom of the door) and mine shut good now.. I said good.. not great. Great = a deuce that was never made.

chuck500cc

RE: M35A2 cab question(PIC

My doors close fine. It's just seams like the cab is bent or there is some rubber bumpers under the cab that need replacing. I looked at it but I don't know how to appraoch it. Door fit good at the cab and shut well.

Chuck XD Fan

chuck500cc

I'm sure there is something broken or wore out that needs replacing, just waiting on someone to chime in.

Chuck XD Fan

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If the doors are fitting the cab OK then you need to asjust the windshield a bit. Moving it forward or backward can adjust the gaps some at the tops of the door windows.

chuck500cc

Recovry4x4 said:
If the doors are fitting the cab OK then you need to asjust the windshield a bit. Moving it forward or backward can adjust the gaps some at the tops of the door windows.
The windshield is plum. Shuold it tilt back a bit?

Chuck XD Fan

THUNDRLOJ

"Well there's yer problem! Yer door handle's a missin'!!"
JUST KIDDING!
Most every deuce I have seen has that problem to one extent or another.
I am going to work on that very thing in the very near future. I will post my progress (or lack of) here, minus applicable swear words used. I will also post pics.

Skycop

To chime in on this post, aside from our passenger's side door being sticky on our hard top conversion, I have noticed that it has to be shut harder than I would like. Is there a way to adjust the door latch and/or how it hangs?

art

Open up the door panel and check the roller and guide hardware.
A little lube will also help.
You can also adjust the 2 window stops.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks