• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35a2 clutch pedal moving

cowboyballer

I got a 1971 m35a2 and when I drive it on the road in a straight line the clutch is nice and firm. Now the real ? When I turn in say a driveway and smash the clutch it feels really low and less pressure but once I straight up and go on it goes back normal and gets back firm any ideas clutch don't slip or anything? Everything under the truck looks good

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
First thing I might do is remove the inspection plate on the bottom of the housing. With a flash light look up at the throw out bearing while the motor is running. The TB should not be spinning.

cowboyballer

I just had that plate off the other day just looking around nothing fail out and surprised me lol. but I didn't run the truck I will do that next maybe tomorrow and see what happens. It just like the pedal I wouldn't say soft it's more like it catches at the bottom then the next time it catches more near the top

cowboyballer

I expect you have worn rear motor mount rubbers, loose mount bolts, or loose mount brackets. JT
That's the 1st thing that popped in my head when I first felt it. Sure enough I come wiggled the back mount behind the starter

Sure enough it is lose and I can giggle it around

Last edited:

cowboyballer

So I got to digging around and I been tighten up lose bolts I started at the front of the truck and working my way back
so after looking around I find that 1 of the 2 studs that is for the transfercase of the right side is gone and the transfercase is dropped at a angle
. So I'm going to get a bolt in the morning and fix her back.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks