• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2 clutch removal

Moye

I need to replace my rear main seal. In reading the TM, I'm told I need to place 4 clutch release lever spacer blocks behind each finger as I remove the clutch. is this necessary? if so, where do I get these or how can i make them?

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The last clutch I pulled with Stretch we didn't put anything in there. Pulled everything apart and he pulled the seal and put it back in and we bolted it all back together, at the Haspin Rally under the shelter.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Putting the wedges under the arms just lets you get the bolts in and out easily that hold the PP on the flywheel.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Here's what I found:

On the clutches I've done, if you don't put the spacers (whether they be the original wood spacers or something else) in, the pressure plate will fully "release" and you will have a really hard time getting the pressure plate bolted on because the mounting face will be too far away from the flywheel to get the bolts started.

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here's what I found:

On the clutches I've done, if you don't put the spacers (whether they be the original wood spacers or something else) in, the pressure plate will fully "release" and you will have a really hard time getting the pressure plate bolted on because the mounting face will be too far away from the flywheel to get the bolts started.
Ditto. I didn't use the spacers and ended up having to compress the arms on the pressure plate after removal and place nuts to hold it back in order to re-install the PP. Definitely put something in there or you will regret it.

Moye

Thanks. Now, what works well for cleaning the motor oil off my clutch. don't think i can find the dry cleaning fluid the TM suggests...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks