• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35a2 deuce with 395 duals ?????

V8srfun

So I am going to be in need of some tires soon and would like to go to 395s but I am not interested in going single on the rear axles. I think it just looks plain silly with out duals. My question is can 395s be run as duals safely on the rear axles. I think I have seen it done before but can not seem to find much documentation on the subject.

I think what I have seen before is that the tires touch a little at the bottom but it is not enough to cause any real concern. Please share your knowledge/ experience with this.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My question is can 395s be run as duals safely on the rear axles
My short answer is NO. Not safely, at least.

Even if you managed to mount them on your stock wheels - which is not recommended - you would have to run some kind of spacers (3.5" min.) in between inner and outer wheels. And then you would be over the legal max-width limit, for on-road use.
Besides that, the inner tires will rub on the spring seats.

tobyS

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Have you looked at reversing the hubs and turning the SS wheels with the dish out on the rear? They look better and give a wider stance. The 395 is plenty big as single on A3 (11"wide) rims....unless you play in a river a lot. Buy lockers instead of the second set of tires and wheels.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks