• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2 Dot 3 Brake Fluid?

StreetbikeDepot

That Streetbike Depot guy is an amsoil dealer too, he gets a bit up tight about brake stuff.

I guess something to do with going round and round on a race track, and needing perfect 1 finger stopping power everytime. who knows.. maybe not enough bran in his diet. LOL
Some guys like to say when your racing you don't need brakes.....maybe when your slow that is true, but I need them to work perfect each time everytime, nothing will test brake fluid more than an 8hr endurance race. Ofcourse there are alot of other factors that influence the brakes on a race bike.....pad compound, rotor type, master cylinder size and type, size and material of brake lines. Few pictures of my OTHER hobby and my business actually.

Attachments

Last edited:

StreetbikeDepot

AMSOIL is the ONLY oil I use for ALL my services at my shop, my customers have to carry in their own oil if they want something different. I use their fuel additives religously also, thier diesel concentrate is awesome, works wonders on MV's. I've never used their brake fluids, I keep Maxima brake fluids in stock in DOT 4, 5.1 and (wait for it)................DOT 5! Harley is still in the stone age on brake fluids and still used DOT 5 up until recently and even they are starting to swtich over to DOT4 on their new stuff.

Last edited:

dmetalmiki

I changed all the brake fluids in all my trucks (9) to dot dot.4. No probs whatsoever. ( the fluids dot 3 and 4 are ( ive just eaten a dictionary!) fixotropic!! and BEST for our ( enthusiast) usage. I have a ww11 jeep I purchased in......(1958!!) and its ALLWAYS bin on dot 3 then 4 and most probably since 1942!! it AINT (cylinder wise) rusty and still stops great oh, and stands parked In back of M54A2 MOST of the year. so.. GO DOT 3 or 4. save ya pennies! ( seriously silicone is waste for yor usage) happy trukin!

zombie bob

all my years working on trucks with dot 3 in them I have never seen brake lines rust from the inside out they rust from outside in dot 5 waste of money