• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2 Dump Found

gokeeper

I have come across an 1980 M35 Dump that is said to run but had transmission noise and was limped home and parked some years ago. The truck comes with a new in crate motor also. The bed is a little rough as it the truck but i think i wcould get it looking nice Its a county that ownes the M35 I was hopeing for a little advise on what somethign like thsi should sell for. I have to make them an offer and see if its accepted. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

bulldog_mack13

3/3 ACR
Im guessing the county put the dump hoist etc on the M35A2 . There were Duece dump trucks but they arent the M35. Pictures of it would help the guru's tell you.

The crate motor in can for it is worth (im guessing from what ive seen) 1500 to 2K.

gokeeper

It is a real duece dump pretty sure about that and i did notice it was a turbo multi fuel engine. I will get some picts this week when i g out again to check it out.

Is it common to have transmission problems with these trucks? I figured the transmissions were pretty bullet proof?

dm22630

#1 - Dont tell anyone here where it is at. Or they will beat you to it.

#2 - The transmission fluid could have all leaked out & never refilled......that would screw it up quick.

2cents

gokeeper

I will try the data plate When i was out before the doors were frozen shut. I understand what you are saying now i guess it looked like a m35 so i assumed it was mabey its not.

Stan

Might want to verify the condition of the crate motor. Is there a hole in the block, does it rotate are the cyclinders rusted? food for thought

zak

I don't think that any government entity can sell any property without some kind of auction or sealed bid type sale. That being said, if in fact if it is a m342, buy it if you can. And post Pictures if you can......................