• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2 Engine Identification

ACB2seabee

I trying to install a new injection pump on a M35A2 but I am having trouble identifing what engine I have. This is due to the freeze plug behind the engine information tag leaking. The first digits go the engine identify are missing. I can see what appears to be LD then the 465-1C. I cannot tell if there is a T behind the LD. And according to the manual you set the timing different on the LDT and the LD. Is there anyway to tell the difference between the LD and the LDT without the tag. Thanks to anyone help trying to install this pump tomorrow.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
What does the(original) injection pump say? Is your truck a turbo model? That would indicate it being an LDT or LDS. Its not too critical, as I know trucks that have the turbo added and the owner didn't change the timing.

ACB2seabee

Thanks for your help looked at the old pump and it has LDT on the tag. I have proceeded on with setting the timing up for a LDT-465-1C. Thanks for your help. I will now have to remove the bad freeze plug and figure out what I need to replace it.

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What does the(original) injection pump say? Is your truck a turbo model? That would indicate it being an LDT or LDS. Its not too critical, as I know trucks that have the turbo added and the owner didn't change the timing.
How do the turbo trucks run with the timing set to the non turbo mark. I believe the non turbo mark advanced more than the turbo trucks.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Well, its an army truck. I haven't noticed any difference between advanced or non-advanced, but the difference between turbo and non-turbo is noticeable.

ACB2seabee

Thanks to every one got the truck up and running. Not without issues though. I did not pull the valve cover to see where the valves were and set it up 180 out. Oh well after pulling the valve cover I timed the pump pulled the gear and timed the engine to the pump installed the gear. Its funny how it will run when in time. Oh I almost forgot when it started I noticed some trash coming from the exhaust. I revved up the engine and out came not one but five birds nest and a dead bird go figure. It must have sat for some time before I got it. well anyway now I will clean the fuel tank so I can reconnect my fuel line and get of the five gallon can.