• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2 expedition mini home

montaillou

Steel Soldiers Supporter
would think with some fabrication
Those steps use a special hinge for the threshold attachment. You can see the cabinet sized version in these pics. The second pic shows how they attach. In order to use their method I would have to buy at least one of their steps (to get the hinge) and modify it. I figure the cost to be north of $500 and definitely involve fabrication.

If I were to use the stringers I linked in post #4, the cost would be less than $500 and involve virtually no fabrication, just assembly.

Attachments

montaillou

Steel Soldiers Supporter
*blows the dust off the thread*

RV doors, on the side, are usually on the passenger side because most countries drive on the right and this way you don't exit into traffic. Entry into my home will be so far up (5 feet), that it's only feasible with steps, also, there's another entry point from the cab - albeit a little difficult.

Is there any advantage/other disadvantage to having entry on the driver's side?

therealquaid

*blows the dust off the thread*

RV doors, on the side, are usually on the passenger side because most countries drive on the right and this way you don't exit into traffic. Entry into my home will be so far up (5 feet), that it's only feasible with steps, also, there's another entry point from the cab - albeit a little difficult.

Is there any advantage/other disadvantage to having entry on the driver's side?
Most RV “living space items” are on the opposite side of the hookups, this is to avoid having to walk over sewage/water hoses and power cords around you when you are under the awning or entering the vehicle.

Since most doors are on the passenger side, all the other things are on the left. Some dump stations are placed in a way that is easier to hook up on the driver side as well following this convention along with RV park pull-through sites.

I’ve broken down before and had to live out of my rig on the side of a road for a week, I definitely appreciated the passenger side door during that time although, like you said, there is always entry through the cab.