• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2 Flywheel Weight

maxspeed3

I was doing the research but I still couldn't find it. Does anybody know the weight of the flywheel on the M35A2? I need to pull mine off to get it resurfaced before I install the new clutch.

I was reading the TMs and there saying I need to pull the radiator off and a few other pieces to pull the flywheel. That doesn't really make sense why to pull off a bunch of other things just to take off the flywheel....

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
You apparently have the TM written by the Onion.

To pull the flywheel, the trans, bellhousing ring, pressure plate, and disc have to come out.

I don't know how heavy it is, but it's heavy enough that it's no fun putting it back in place.

It also only goes on one way, so mark it relative to the crank to make reassembly easier.

Also, there is a thread about the weights of all deuce items, so once you get an answer, you need to find that thread and post the info there. We're trying to keep all the weights info in one place.

maxspeed3

You apparently have the TM written by the Onion.

To pull the flywheel, the trans, bellhousing ring, pressure plate, and disc have to come out.

I don't know how heavy it is, but it's heavy enough that it's no fun putting it back in place.

It also only goes on one way, so mark it relative to the crank to make reassembly easier.

Also, there is a thread about the weights of all deuce items, so once you get an answer, you need to find that thread and post the info there. We're trying to keep all the weights info in one place.
Awesome thanks. I already have the trani pulled and the pressure plate and the clutch disc are also off. I need to get the flywheel resurfaced after the clutch fried (see my other thread for more info). I planned to mark it with a sharpie or something.

Once I get the weight I'll be sure to look for that thread!

Thanks again!

SMOKEWAGON66

Yep...94lbs. sounds right. When I had mine resurfaced, it BARELY fit on the machine...like by a half inch. Be careful when lifting it and setting it down because it is heavy enough to remove a finger lol. Also be sure to have a soldier B with you when removing/installing it on the engine. Doing it by yourself is really hard, tedious and dangerous...ask me how I know.

SMOKEWAGON66

I dont think break in on a clutch is important...but Im not a licensed mechanic lol....Other then the engine and transmission, I usually just put parts on and go...works for me.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks