• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35a2 freeze plug issue

1Sinner

I have a leaking freeze plug on top of the intake manifold, can anyone confirm size as 1" (multifuel with "D" turbo) since no one seems to make a freeze plug kit that I can seem to locate through Google fu. I'm guessing the easiest way to pull it and repair would be to drill a hole, use a slide hammer, clean the port and drive a new one in, without tearing the intake off the truck. Any other suggestions as well?

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter

If one goes, the others are likely suspect. Your mileage may vary. Batteries not included.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Menaces Nemesis

"Little Black Truck" Conservator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Last edited:

1Sinner

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you STOP the reason for the corrosion, put good antifreeze in it, it SHOULD prevent the rest from leaking. If you flush it, the flush....if a chem flush is used, might dislodge any rust on the remaining plugs and you'll spring another leak. There are more plugs in the block.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks