• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2 from GA to NJ

pyrogod117

Hi Guys,

I'm looking into bidding on a deuce soon, and I know the local ones are easy for me to get here, but I decided to look further out. AL/GA always seems to have a lot, but I've always wondered about the cost of shipping.

Anyone have an idea how much it costs to ship an M35A2 from 31098 (Warner Robins, GA) to 08731 (Forked River, NJ) in case I end up winning a bid sometime soon? I know prices fluctuate based on fuel and all that, but a ball park number would be a big help.

Or if anyone can recommend some shipping carriers that do this all the time. Or a rough cost per mile.

Based on research I've done on Google, it seems like it's $1.30 per loaded mile on average, unless I'm finding inaccurate/outdated prices.

Thanks,
Kevin

fasttruck

$1.30 a mile ? What is your freight ? In this day and age it costs at least $3.00 a mile plus tolls to move a full size truck. However: a M35 is not a full load so you can economize if you can get more than onme vehicle starting and ending in about the same place at the same time. See attached.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
$1.30 a mile is a great price if it's true. But I'm betting you're looking at dated numbers.

Will the truck make the drive on it's own?

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
$1.30 a mile is a great price if it's true. But I'm betting you're looking at dated numbers.

Will the truck make the drive on it's own?

3dAngus

I met a fella from NJ who drove to Robins in a F350 and trailer and drove 2 deuces home in it. I wish I could remember his name, but I think he had a couple of his guys doing the hauling anyway. If he was doing it again, and had room, he might be able to do it cheap. If I remember it, I'll let you know. I don't think you'll get it done for $1.30 unless someone was backhauling with an empty load.

pyrogod117

So it does seem to be too good to be true. At $3/mile or anything even close to that, it's not worth it at all. It'd be cheaper for me to have someone pick it up at GL for me, store it for a short time, I fly down and get it operational, and drive it home.

I haven't won any yet, but I just wanted to know about GA/AL area/towing costs before I bid on one.

Have you looked into the trucks up at Kublo's? He's up in Brackney PA, you could go and look at one of many pay for it come home get insurance and tags for it have someone drive you back up there and drive it home. Both of my deuces came out of Chambersburg and after the run around with bidding,winning then filling out the paperwork and hiring a shipper it would have been easier to go to Brackney and buy one outright.
It ended up costing me over $700 to have each shipped to me. Just saying you might want to think about it, metalworker393

SteveKuhn

There are 2 I know of for private sale in Sussex County only a couple of miles from where the MTA show was held. Not rock-bottom auction prices but not pigs-in-a-poke either. Neither advertised except by word of mouth; I have no doubt that they'd both make it down to your place on their own.

Feel free to contact me if you'd like to talk to the owners. I'd seriously consider either one over an auction truck in GA, but that's me.

Steve