• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2 Fuel Issues

cworthem

Does anyone know whats wrong with my trucks. I got two M35a2's and they have been sitting for a while and are not starting. We changed all of the fluids and filters, they have new batteries. The trucks turn over but do not start, the fuel pumps work, but the gas is not getting to the engine. Does anybody know what to do, or whats wrong?

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does anyone know whats wrong with my trucks. I got two M35a2's and they have been sitting for a while and are not starting. We changed all of the fluids and filters, they have new batteries. The trucks turn over but do not start, the fuel pumps work, but the gas is not getting to the engine. Does anybody know what to do, or whats wrong?
First you should be using diesel not gas . Did you bleed the fuel system , there is a bleeder on the secondary filters .
You can download the TM's here
[h=3]TM's for the Deuce[/h]
Fuel system should be in this TM TM9-2320-209-20-3-1.pdf

ATPTac

Did you change all 3 fuel filters? If you did, and bled the system properly and it still won't start then you might have an issue with your fuel cut plunger sticking, or an issue with your IP.

cworthem

Yes, there is a steady stream of fuel coming out of the line. When we disconnected the fuel lines leading into the injectors nothing was coming out of them.

cworthem

Yup, turns out that it was the fuel cut plunger. We took it off and cleaned it and now both of the trucks run perfect. Thanks for all of the help

ducer

NAPA has a battery they sell to truck drivers 1250 cranking amps 950cca cost me $107.00 each. They started my truck at 0 degrees no problem without block heater or either or any other type of warming help.

Denny

phil2968

I use group24's in some of my trucks. Just as many CCA as a 31 and will fit in the plastic battery box. What ever you use get at least a 1000 CA. 1000 CCA if you live where it gets really cold. It will crank with less but why strain the batteries.

FloridaAKM

I use group 27 in the Deuce I recently aquired & the starter spins the engine like a fan. It is Florida after all & until it gets really cold in January, there should be no problems. If there are, its back to the red top optimizers that came with it!