• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m35a2 fuel pump

m715

I need a in tank fuel pump asap. I had 3 spare pumps that all took a dump in the cold weather we have. I have looked on auction sites and everything is out of my price range. I am in western ma. and don't have pay pal. I have a credit card or can pay by bank ck. or postal money order.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What's your price range?

Why not buy an inline pump?

m715

Dave you have blocked my bids on ebay. I bought a nos 28volt gasoline powered generator and a m35 cargo cover from eastern surplus. The generator I got was water damaged . I never posted anything negative, so why you blocked my bids is beyond me.

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
The Bradley take out pumps which are as new go right in the Deuce tank without problems.
They are about 75 bucks now on a popular auction site.
Have your neighbor buy you one with her PayPal.

Attachments

Last edited:

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
Last edited:

m715

I put a 24 volt inline pump in for now. The truck is running but sucking air from somewhere. I removed the fuel filter canister's with the mount that bolts to the block as one piece. I took it to my shop that has heat and changed the filters and gaskets. I think the rubber gaskets are just old and not pliable anymore. I guess its time for updated spin on fuel filters.

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
One could find multiple gaskets, wrong gaskets, ruined gaskets, etc in there
Did good
Just take the whole thing off and do it right one time.
Do you know what is behind there?
View attachment 712483secondary filter 2 IMG_0132.jpg

Now take the silly little valve off and put a good one, very useful,
put a tee with a gauge so you can figure out what's going on.

This is the last filters before the HH.
What is the pressure supposed to be there?

View attachment fuel system best picture.pdf
nope, I have no idea why it did it twice for each, oh well.................

Attachments

Last edited:

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
I put a 24 volt inline pump in for now. The truck is running but sucking air from somewhere. I removed the fuel filter canister's with the mount that bolts to the block as one piece. I took it to my shop that has heat and changed the filters and gaskets. I think the rubber gaskets are just old and not pliable anymore. I guess its time for updated spin on fuel filters.
Did you pull the in-tank pump and replace the outlet hose?
Where did you put the in-line pump that could be sucking air thru a bad in-tank pump output hose.

m715

I did take the fuel filter canister mount off the engine. just like in the pic you posted. I cleaned the grove where the gasket seats made Shure no burs or old gaskets etc. I took a spare in tank fuel pump mount and cut off everything from the cover plate. Basically I just used the top cover to seal the fuel tank.

m715

I mounted a gear driven fuel pump on top of fuel tank with a rubber fuel line. So the stock pump is totally gone and I am only using the top portion to seal the fuel tank. I am going to remove the filter unit from the block again and buy new rubber gaskets or o rings.

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
One can prove air in fuel, just replace that little valve in the center of these photos with a proper valve that can have a gauge or a clear tubing (tygon) tubing from it.
Put tubing to a bucket from that valve atop the secondaries and turn on whatever in- tank pump is. It is also good when one forgets to valve in any one of the seven fuel stop safeties one may have installed in the system that one forget to open (I wouldn't know about that) and is a good place for a gauge, permanent or not. You should have 3 to 7 psi there with good flow.
The seals", oh, they are not big flat as shown in the TM but are a square seal sort of like an o-ring but not. It was difficult working upside down and backwards, not being able to see the seal is why I took the entire thing off. Subsequent in-place filter changes quick as then knew what is in there.
IMG_0144.jpgIMG_0157.jpgView attachment filters secondary and final .pdfIMG_0130.jpg

Last edited:

m715

The fuel return line to my fuel tank has a section of clear fuel line so I can detect any air bubbles. With the inline pump on and the motor running I don't see air bubbles. When I shut off the pump I can see lots of air in the return fuel line.

m715

Also when I run the motor with the pump on it runs fine, but if I shut off the pump the motor stumbles. I know air is entering some place, I suspect its the filters. I do have leaking injector return lines but don't think that matters here. Possible when I bypassed the fdc I have a loose fitting. At least it is daylight and has warmed up from 16 deg to 24.

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
Is that 16° to 24° in Celsius or Fahrenheit?
After the doctor looks at everything and hears all the comments He would say
"Don't shut off the pump, that'll be fifty dollars"

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
The fuel return line to my fuel tank has a section of clear fuel line so I can detect any air bubbles. With the inline pump on and the motor running I don't see air bubbles. When I shut off the pump I can see lots of air in the return fuel line.
The return line is supposed to be solid copper tubing. How did that get messed with? Could be a problem, If the return to the tank is not very strong it will squash in?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Guys, please post conversations in the forums, not in the classifieds.

This thread/want ad will auto delete.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks