• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35a2 Gray Smoke at idle only

mitchsc0tt0

Hey Guys,
Not sure if its an issue or not but I get gray smoke at idle whether warm or cold doesn't change doesn't go away. When i accelerate or move it turns to black/brown which i know is normal. Is the smoke at idle normal or something wrong i don't recall it normally doing this?

Notes:
I do run on WMO 50/50 mix(filtered down to 1 micron)
FDC is not bypassed could it be stuck? and if so how do i unstick?

Truck seems to run fine no issues other then the smoke which i never noticed before.

Elijah95

Certified Rookie
I don't think it would be an issue at all, my rig was noticeably smokier with WMO until warm and then slightly smokier, in fact the emissions from the multifuel engines is part of the reason why the EPA pulled the plug on them. If you're really in doubt, you can pull your injectors and have them cleaned as WMO will cause a little additional carbon build up but as long as it isn't allowed to idle at low rpm excessively, and egts are allowed to get up high enough to clean it out there shouldn't be any negative side effects

1974 AM General M109A3 w/Deuce Bed, White LDT, Whistler C, and soft top

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
No the FDC cannot get stuck and cause this. You should bypass the FDC, its ONLY PURPOSE IS TO LIMIT POWER OF YOUR TRUCK. It is a known source to leak fuel into the crankcase.

Sounds like possible wet stacking. Throw a load into the bed and run it hard for an hour or so, see if it clears up.

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you're burning any kind of WMO, you're going to get the gray-ish smoke, especially at idle.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks