• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35a2 head gasket blown concerns

Jfm

Have a Duce in repair now heads off at matchine shop now .gasket blown at outside of cyl 1 and 6 can this be a injector problem or Hp pump out of time?

Menaces Nemesis

"Little Black Truck" Conservator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Kinda puttin the cart before the horse, with a bunch of vagueries...
Multifuels, with their 22:1 compression ratio, are known to be hard on head gaskets, especially the old-style weep-tab type. Could just be you had an old set of gaskets that just reached the end of their lifecycle. Make sure to resurface the heads and put new-style gaskets in (New style has integral fire rings, old style has loose fire rings) while you've got it torn down you should have the injectors serviced anyway, so that ends that worry. Also make sure the fuel in the tank is clean, and that you've got new fuel filters installed before you fire it up again. How/if the truck runs at that point will tell you if you've got other areas you need to dig into in the fuel-delivery/timing realm.

V8srfun

if I ever have the heads off of mine I am going to get them (o-ring’d) the machine shop will machine a small o-ring grove in the head where you can put a piece of piano wire in it. The wire increases the clamping force at the most critical sealing area without the need for different head bolts and higher torque values. Almost all serious race engines that are being pushed to the limit do this to prolong head gasket life.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks